Information we collect
When you provide it to us, we collect information that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you, including your name, street address (for billing or shipping), email address, telephone number and billing and credit card information (‘Personally Identifiable Information’). We may collect Personally Identifiable Information from you in different ways and at different places on our Website, such as when you purchase any product from our Shop, or make a donation to LONGITŪDINĒS on the Website. Personally Identifiable Information is collected by us and by WooCommerce. We collect Personally Identifiable Information from you when you voluntarily submit such information to us or when you use the Website.
We may automatically collect your IP address when you use the Website and we may use web beacons, web bugs, clear gifs, cookies and similar technologies (‘Automatically Collected Data’) that automatically collect information as you use the Website. This Automatically Collected Data also allows us to recognize you when you access the Website using different web browsers or devices.
When you send us an e-mail, we receive information such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. To learn more, please read our Terms and conditions.
How we use your information
Personally Identifiable Information and other information are generally collected in order to correspond with you, to collect payments or donations made in our Shop or to follow up on any such transactions. At times, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information to update you on products or events. To opt-out, contact the editors [at] longitudines.com.
Automatically Collected Data are also used to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain the Website
- Improve, personalise, and expand the Website
- Track the movements of users on the Website and gather demographic information to understand and analyse trends
- Develop new content, products, services, and features
- Send you emails. Read our Terms and Conditions to learn more.
- Mail to you products such as issues and other items purchased in our Shop
- Find and prevent fraud
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like all websites, LONGITŪDINĒS uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise users’ experience.
To learn more about cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
Disclosure of Information with Third Parties
We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to do so, including in response to lawful requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to protect the safety and/or security of our users, our Website, or the general public.
Third Parties Privacy Policies and Terms and Conditions
We advise you to consult Privacy Policies and Terms and Conditions of Third Parties for more detailed information.
- Google: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
- WooCommerce: https://woocommerce.com/terms-conditions/
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
We strive to secure transmission of your Personally Identifiable Information from your computer to our servers through commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures. To help ensure the integrity and privacy of the Personally Identifiable Information you provide via the Internet at the time you purchase any product or donate online, the above mentioned third party e-commerce partners, WooCommerce provide Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) digital security. Only employees who need access to your Personally Identifiable Information to perform a specific task or function are granted access to such Personally Identifiable Information. Notwithstanding the above, no one at LONGITŪDINĒS will have access to credit card information provided through this Website.
Notwithstanding the above, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that others could find a way to bypass our security systems. As a result, although we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. If you correspond with us by e-mail, a third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorised acts of third parties during or after transmission.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We want to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Last amended on 18 July 2020